Why we Love it:
- Oatmeal rich
- One bowl
- Quick and healthy
- Toddlers can help 🙂
These soft and chewy one bowl cookies are the perfect on-the-go snack every parent might appreciate.
Last winter, when I was at home with D., I used to make these right before we went on our daily snow walk around the block. As toddlers tend to run out of energy fast (especially when carrying around a snowsuit like this one), I always make sure to have a hangry snack in my backpack.
They are best enjoyed right after you take them out of the oven (and they cool down a bit).
Simple Cinnamon Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1 cup oats, GF if needed
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour, or GF mix if needed
- 1 egg, large
- 1/3 cup molasses (or brown sugar)
- 3 tbsp olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup golden raisins, soaked in water if desired
- 1 tbsp cinnamon /or pumpkin spice mix/ , organic
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients and mix until well combined. If you choose to soak raisins beforehand, remove the water and add raisins only to the dough.
- With a spoon or ice cream scoop divide the dough into pieces and place on parchment paper in your baking sheet of choice (these simple ones on Amazon will do a fantastic job).
- Place in preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes (until they start to get golden).
- Remove and set aside to cool down. Then invite your toddler (or someone else) to eat-test.
Did you make this recipe?
I’d love to hear how it turned out for you! You can leave a comment below and/or snap a picture and share it on Instagram – using #shinemommy and tagging @anashinemommy in the photo itself.