Our lovely and simplistic savory cake is incredibly easy to make and super delicious. In the colder days of the year we usually make it at least once a week.
Our household loves oatmeal – chewy oatmeal biscuits like this ones (inspired by Amy’s healthy baking) in several variations or raw oatmeal bars (like these ones). The thing is however – most of my winter bakes are on the sweet side. So last year I thought it was about time I turn things around. Then one day, my husband came home from work and told me a colleague has made a super tasty oatmeal savory cake and brought to the office as a birthday treat. He loved it and requested I make similar version at home.
I started researching and experimenting and not long after this tasty and super easy recipe was brought to life. What I love about cooking with oats is they are super absorbent and modifiable. That means even if I accidentally add a bit more liquid (how does that even happen you ask – one word –> toddler) – no one will ever notice. The savory cake will turn as delicious as ever.
One Bowl Savory Oatmeal Cake
- 300 g Greek Yogurt, plain
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- 200 g oats, GF if needed
- 200 g feta cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 50 g sliced bacon, optional
- 1 tsp cumin powder, optional
- In a large bowl mix Greek yogurt and baking soda until well combined. If your yogurt bubbles up that's even a good thing - bake will become even fluffier.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Place in baking pan of choice ( I usually use cake pan - ' 9 '- like this one by Amazon) but a regular non-stick pan will do as well.
- Bake in preheated oven on 180 C/360F for about 15-20 min until golden on top / toothpick comes out clean.
- Cut in squares and enjoy with family & friends.
Did you make this recipe?
I’d love to hear how it turned out for you! You can leave a comment below and/or snap a picture and share it on Instagram – using #shinemommy and tagging @anashinemommy in the photo itself.