Spring is just around the corner. I cannot decide who is happier about it – me or our 2 year old guy who cannot wait to get off the ‘heavy’ winter puff coat (we’ve got similar to Nordstorm’s just in blue). We were out and about during the weekend, nature exploring and enjoying every bit of sun we were able to catch. D. found a random wooden branch in the park and we spent nearly 20 minutes picking the ground, trying to find wiggly worms and tiny bugs.
A friend recently asked me – ‘’you read (and talk) about the importance of being present with your child, so tell me: how can you become more present’’. Simple! Turn off your phone (or wifi at least), get a wooden stick and play with your little one – share, learn and explore nature together. Getting older (and having a child) makes me appreciate the simplicity of such moments even more.
When we got back from that weekend nature exploring, a simple spring salad seemed like a good lunch choice in addition to some leftover broccoli soup. Hope you like it too.
Healthy Spring salad with Feta Cheese and Baby Spinach
- 1/3 regular head of red onion, chopped
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach, washed
- 1 large tomato , chopped
- 1/3 long cucumber, chopped
- 50-70 g feta cheese
- 3 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 10 olives, optional
- 3 radish heads, chopped, optional
- Wash all ingredients (except olive oil) and chop in desired shape/form
- In a large salad bowl, combine veggies, drizzle with olive oil and mix well
- Optional: Let sit in olive oil for 10-15 minutes – see notes (‘’nutrients’’) on why it's recommended
- Serve and enjoy with family & friends
Did you make this recipe?
I’d love to hear how it turned out for you! You can leave a comment below and/or snap a picture and share it on Instagram – using #shinemommy and tagging @anashinemommy in the photo itself.