Apparently though, he’s too young to understand why the Big Bad Wolf wants to eat the poor little piggy and its brothers.
So, lately he came with a new, modern version of the tale. The big bad wolf wants to have a bite of the piggy’s granola bars that get regularly stashed under the bed. Everyone in the village is annoyed with the pigs – they are good at making these super tasty homemade oatmeal granola bars, but do not want to share with anyone (how rude!). The big bad wolf ‘’comes to the rescue’’ in his own wolf-y way – to get his tale burned at the end.
It all totally makes sense to me. Especially now, when he’s a Peppa pig fan – Peppa is kindda friends with Wendy Wolf (#spoileralert).
No-bake Homemade Granola Bars
- 1 cup oats, GF, if needed
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, full-fat
- 1 tbsp agave nectar, optional
- In food processor place medjool dates and pulse until smooth ball-like paste is formed. If mixture looks too dry, add 1-2 tbsp water and pulse again.
- Optional: Place oats in a non-stick baking sheet (this cookie sheet will do the trick) in preheated oven (180C/360F) for about 5-8 min or until golden.
- In a large mixing bowl add oats, dried fruits and coconut shreds (&agave nectar) and mix well.
- Mixture should be sticky and somewhat challenging to combine. Keep mixing and it all will blend well
- Distribute evenly on freezable sheet (2-4 cm) and place in freezer for about 30 min.
- Cut in squares/bars and enjoy with the Piggy next door.