Why we Love it:
- One word – parsley!
- Healthy and refreshing
- Easy to prepare
A few years back, we went to a Metro store and encountered huge bouquets of parsley for insanely small amount of money.
My then university-student-brain did not even ask for permission and directed my hand towards the biggest parsley bunch. When we got home and unpacked the shopping bags, my reasoning slowly started to return to it’s normal state. I did not have any idea what to do with so much parsley. Mind you, we did not have a freezer at the time. So, faced with the scenario that my parsley investment may end up in the rubbish bin, I had to make something with it.
Simple Parsley Fritters with Feta Cheese
- 2 bunches of parsley, finely chopped
- chives to taste, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 150 g feta cheese
- 2 tbsp flour, whole wheat
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- In a large bowl mix chopped parsley, chives, eggs, feta cheese and flour until well combined.
- In a non-stick pan, greased with olive oil, add 1/2 of a regular sized ladle and distribute to form a flat fritter.
- Let sit until golden and flip over. Remove once both sized are golden and fritter bite is firm enough to stay in one piece.
- Repeat until all parsley batter has been used.
Did you make this recipe?
I’d love to hear how it turned out for you! You can leave a comment below and/or snap a picture and share it on Instagram – using #shinemommy and tagging @anashinemommy in the photo itself.