- Tahini rich
- EASY to make
- Toddler friendly (no raw cacao powder, although you can substitute if you want)
- Carob Powder rich
- Gluten-free option available (just skip the 2 tbsp flour or substitute with cornstarch)
Now that the craze around the (Christmas) holiday is gone, we can sit down and enjoy a good dessert. Every New Year needs a good start. Don’t you agree, I definitely do – so my treat today.
Last year, on a freezing cold January morning we walked into a local cafeteria hoping to save our fingers from falling off – literally, it was that cold. Much to our surprise, there was a small kids corner with handmade vintage toddler kitchen and all little pots and pans. So, D. was in heaven – and so were we. Apparently, most people have decided to stay home that day, so it felt like we had the coffee shop for ourselves.
While David was playing, we ordered a few of the café’s new desserts – one of which a mere resemblance of a Tahini Brownie. I didn’t even new a tahini brownie was a thing. When I put David for his afternoon nap that day, I started experimenting.
And (many experiments later), the perfect Ultimate Healthy Tahini Brownie with Carob Powder was brought to life.
What I particularly like about this recipe – it’s super-duper easy to make (one bowl dream), not too sweet and my little one can eat a piece or two.
Ultimate Chewy Tahini Brownie
- 1 cup tahini, runny
- 1 egg, medium
- 1/3 cup brown sugar/molasses
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp carob powder
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour, GF if needed
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, oil and egg until sugar has dissolved.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until combined. Dough should be sticky and soft. Mine formed a ball.
- Distribute dough on non-stick baking sheet (cookie pan). Dough should be around 2-4 cm.
- Bake in preheated oven (180C/360F) for around 20 minutes (or less), until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and cut in squares.
Did you make this recipe?
I’d love to hear how it turned out for you! You can leave a comment below and/or snap a picture and share it on Instagram – using #shinemommy and tagging @anashinemommy in the photo itself.